October celebrates far scarier beings than ghouls and goblins: National Boss Day and Mother-in-law Day both fall within the month. Someone's clearly got a sense of humor. October also marks one of your last chances to participate in DA's calendar fun. We've got some inspiring artwork from prior showcase winners
right in our clutches and we're getting itchy to print. So, get on it! Draw the month of October 2012 and submit. You could be our next featured artist. How wicked is that!?
UPDATE: See the finished 2012 Hand-drawn calendar
. Now available or pre-order.
- Draw the entire calendar spread for October 2012, including artwork and the days of the week/dates.
- Feel free to design the layout anyway you like, just be sure to include some kind of blocks for the days of the week.
- Do it old school: use paint, a pen, marker, or colored pencil. NO vector art accepted.
- Scan it and BE SURE to save the art at hi-resolution (300dpi minimum), in the case you win, we'll need it to print the final calendar.
- Submit/Upload a JPG version of your artwork (no larger than 2MB) for voting.
- Upload your best art, because you only get one submission.
DEADLINE: THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 1st (4PM EST)
The winner with the most votes will get their artwork featured on the October spread of DA's very first hand-drawn / illustrated calendar
! You will receive full credit, praise, and adoration—not to mention two copies of the calendar that you may barter, gift, or hoard all for yourself. We won't judge.
Voting is now closed. Thanks to everyone who participated.